Who We Are
OHEAP Fire & Security is a third-generation family-run business. We’ve been protection specialists since 1958 and are trusted by over 12,500 customers across 40,000 sites nationwide. Due to exceptional growth, we’re now looking to expand our Fire Detection & Alarms Department with a Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Technician.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a hard-working, organised and eager individual ready to take on a new challenge.
You will play a crucial part in supporting the maintenance teams in this role. Your working days will involve visiting customer sites, and providing routine servicing, testing and repairs to their fire alarms and emergency lighting systems.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience within the fire alarms and emergency lighting industry with excellent working knowledge of the British Standards BS5839, BS5266 and BS767I. The ability to identify deviations from the regulation’s potential problems and risks are important aspects of this role.
Having the ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic as a technician is vital in ensuring our customers stay safe. Whether you’re delivering a service to one of our local clients or travelling further afield, you’ll be the face of the company, meeting different people with different requirements on a regular basis.
- Proven technical background with a good knowledge of fire systems
- Familiar with the current British Standards
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technology
- Submission of relevant paperwork in a timely manner
- Commitment to delivering high-quality customer service
- Keeping organized stock levels in vehicles to avoid unwanted return visits
- Attend and repair emergency callouts as required
- Taking part in an out of hours on call rota
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Clean full driving license
- Be security and DBS checked
- Comfortable working at height
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- An understanding of Nurse call/ warden call systems would be of benefit
- 18th edition of the IEE wiring regulations.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Chris Dickens at ChrisD@oheap.co.uk